« Home | When I logged in today (after a pretty long time) ... » | While we listen to Dolly Parton's masterpiece 9 to... » | Yes It's been a while, One could say that this has... » | Today's Quote:Post modernism means never having to... » | After the stupid Summer... Fall it's finally here!... » | Maybe not the brightest idea I've ever heard When... » | TV mirrors Hollywood's lack of ideas by creating n... » | Owner realizes that naming restaurant "Hitler's Cr... » | Kitten falling asleep...The Movie!!! (probably com... » | Who do you think is more popular in Turkey; Woody ... »

Stay with me

Although this new approach of fully disclosing my CL adventures hasn't really panned out the way I imagined (don't ask) I'm gonna squeeze another post out of it. After that I'm gonna dedicate my blog to either chronicle my adventures in babysitting or make up some stuff about me recreating every single Julia Child recipe while I tout my 90's liberal agenda.

For my second CL post I decided to indulge into a even more ridiculous approach, almost as if I didn't want to get a date out of it (!) here it is:

Here's the deal; if you are bored, lonely or looking for a LTR with a hopeless romantic (that likes Rod Stewart) you should definitely consider replying to this post. -Why would I do that? I don't like Rod Stewart, you say? okay, I admit that not everyone likes Rod but I do and I also like to read (Chabon, Klosterman, Sedaris, Rod Stewart's autobiography) and I like to watch movies (actually It's my favorite thing in the world) and I like to talk about Pop culture or Politics, or current events or Rod Stewart. I know what you are thinking, but I do other things when I'm not thinking about Rod Stewart. I work in Advertising, I watch TV on DVD and love going out with my friends. I know that between that and my latent Rod Stewart obsession It seems like I haven't got time for anything else. But I do, I have time to go out on dates and open the door for you. To go watch a play or a movie, go to a concert or just for coffee. To hang at home playing board games and listening to the 80s channel on satellite radio. A bit more about me; I was born in South America and lived in Europe for 10 years ( Austria and Spain where I went to college), I moved to Canada three years ago, I'm a big guy, bearded and tall (think Kevin Smith), overall I'm a good guy, I care, I listen, I don't judge and I'm a bit obsessed with Rod Stewart.

For those of you taking notes, you know who you are! (I don't) who are wondering if this approach worked...it did. Did only Rod Stewart fans reply? maybe, who knows. Did most people misinterpreted the ad and wrote back things such as "I love him too! My favorite song is Mandolin Wind" They did indeed. Don't get me wrong Mandolin Wind is a great song, up there with anything on VH1's- the 23,457 greatest songs composed at a bar after a Wednesday AA meeting, but rather that getting replies by people that shared my particular sense of humor (I call it meta -idiocy) I managed to alienate everyone under 40 that's not a fan of the raspy voiced troubadour and that's as you've probably guessed....everyone under 40.

its hard for me to belive that this actually works.. but one can never know when dealing with you ..

impresionante ale
take care

Post a Comment