« Home | My current podcastsCBC Radio 3Grant Lawrence hosts... » | The best shows you are most likely not watching.Th... » | The Squid and the Whale ***** (imdb)I would like t... » | Mr Hat's Indie DVD Review I love having movies ON ... » | Bubblegum FinkThanks boing boing for the heads up ... » | Last monday's New York Times stated that one of th... » | No summer lovin' for summer moviesPrompted by Mr. ... » | I need some spaceThanks to Alex lately i’ve been h... » | MUNICH mini reviewWe can say (Mr Hat and I) that t... » | I bet they learned never to mess with chickens, i ... »

What i've learned from today's paper

Herr Gunter Grass, Nobel prize writer and Germany's "high moralist" confessed this Saturday that during WWII he served in the SS (Hitler's national police that among other attrocities ran the concentration camps).
Grass never denied his role in the hitler youth but he hid his involvment with the SS for 61 years. Something that i find hard to explain from a person that became germany's post war conscience.

Read the full story here

I think im going to go read MAUS now..