« Home | Bubblegum FinkThanks boing boing for the heads up ... » | Last monday's New York Times stated that one of th... » | No summer lovin' for summer moviesPrompted by Mr. ... » | I need some spaceThanks to Alex lately i’ve been h... » | MUNICH mini reviewWe can say (Mr Hat and I) that t... » | I bet they learned never to mess with chickens, i ... » | Today is a sad day ,when we say good bye to a dear... » | I just created my own jennifer Goverment, check it... » | The best movie of the year acordding to AFI is....... » | Crazy things that people do when they are highThe ... »

Mr Hat's Indie DVD Review

I love having movies ON Demand ,its the greatest thing ever. Absolutely hassle free and with no hidden costs, it arrived to make our lives better. There is a little problem with it though. 90% of the movies available are shit, and the ones that are not are your usual blockbusters,the ones that most likely youve seen already...in the big screen.
Thats why almost every week i end up going to the video store anyway.
I must admit i love going to the video store, I can spend literally hours browsing through titles trying to spot that obscure movie that i swore i was going to watch in that little arthouse, but never did.
Besides i feel its our duty to support independent videostores. They are a great place for us film geeks to interact with each other and they provide us with the only way of discerning wether a movie is good or not before paying the 25 dollars on the special edition.
Because i want you guys to go out and watch other stuff than the one in the tube i decided to ,each week, give you my thoughts on an independent movie currently available in Dvd.
To the readers in Toronto i can guarantee that the movies i review will be available in these excellent video stores: Queen Video, Filmbuff, Suspect and Black dog.
To those in Vienna i recommend my beloved Alphaville , in Barcelona Video Star or my personal selection at sociart club.
Gus you should try Cinemateca chucarro although they have a limited Dvd selection.